Mommy Knows Best
These Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookie Bars are a delicious and convenient snack that is specifically designed to help nursing mothers increase their milk supply. These cookie bars are made with wholesome ingredients that are known to support lactation, such as brewer's yeast, and flaxseed.
These bars are made with almond flour instead of rolled oats, making them a gluten-free and low-carb option for those who may be sensitive to gluten or looking to reduce their carbohydrate intake.
Brewer's yeast is a nutritional powerhouse that contains B vitamins, iron, and protein, all of which are essential for milk production. Flaxseed is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids and lignans, which can also help to support lactation.
Other bonuses about these bars are that they are easy to pack in a diaper bag or keep on hand at home for a quick and nourishing snack. With their chocolatey flavor and functional benefits, Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookie Bars with almond flour are a treat that every nursing mother can enjoy.
1½ cup almond flour
½ cup coconut sugar
2 tbsp Mommy Knows Best Brewer's Yeast Powder
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
½ cup chocolate chips
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 flax eggs (can swap for eggs)
1. Make the flax eggs by combining 2 tbsp flax meal with 6 tbsp water. Set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 and line a 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
3. Combine dry ingredients, minus the chocolate chips, in a mixing bowl.
4. Add the coconut oil to the flax eggs and stir then add to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
5. Add in chocolate chips and mix well.
6. Pour batter into the prepared dish and spread evenly.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and edges are browning
8. Let cool before cutting into bars. Bars get denser as they cool.